Medieval Kilkenny City of Kilkenny or ‘The Marble City’ (as it’s affectionately known!)
Kilkenny (Irish: Cill Chainnigh, meaning “cell or church of Cainnech”) is a beautiful city with a tremendous sense of character, history and culture. Our first stop will be the focal point of the city, Kilkenny Castle. We will take the tour of this 12th century castle and explore the magnificent grounds. Guests have the rest of the afternoon to explore the quaint and bustling city centre where you are sure to find lots to interest you including shops, pubs and great places to eat.
Directly across the street from Castle is the famous Kilkenny Design Craft Centre. The Kilkenny Design Centre is situated in what were once the stables of Kilkenny Castle and is fittingly located adjacent to the National Craft Gallery one of Ireland’s most exciting artistic venues. The Centre’s unequalled supplier list, drawn from Ireland’s most eminent craftspeople and designers, gives visitors a uniquely special shopping experience. A world-renowned selection of jewellery, knitwear, Celtic gifts, china & crystal, pottery & glass, home & fashion accessories and one off contemporary design pieces are available. Visitors from outside of the EU can avail of highly attractive tax-free shopping.
After our day of sightseeing we will return to the castle to relax and enjoy a scrumptious 4 course evening meal before heading out to the Monks Pub (O’Gorman’s) for a traditional Irish music session. Every Wednesday, a group of local musicians gather in O’Gorman’s pub, enjoying the craic and playing traditional music into the early hours of the morning. Some nights can see up to 14 musicians gather, guaranteeing ‘craic agus ceoil’ (fun and music) to be had by all, not to mention the plentiful creamy pints of Guinness you may enjoy while chatting with the locals.
- The cost of the Lisheen Castle tour is EUR 1,895.00 per person
- The rate includes the rental of the castle for the week and utilities are included.
- There are 6 double en-suite rooms available.
- There are 2 single rooms available.
- There is 1 twin en-suite room available (two single beds).
- Tour is subject to a minimum of 12 persons.
- Luxury group coach transfer to and from Dublin or Shannon Airport.
- 1 weeks rental of Lisheen Castle, County Tipperary, Ireland including all utilities.
- 6 Full Irish Cooked Breakfasts served in the traditional style kitchen.
- 6 traditional evening meals consisting of 4 courses including wine served in the formal dining room.
- 1 Evening dinner meal in the renowned Chez Hans restaurant consisting of 3 courses (excludes wine and drinks).
- Day excursion to Holycross, Cashel & Cahir (All entrance charges included).
- Night excursion to traditional Irish music session.
- Day excursion to Silvermines, Bunratty Castle & Folk Park, Cliffs of Moher (All entrance charges included)
- Day excursion to Kilkenny Castle, Kilkenny design center, Brú Ború (All entrance charges included)
- Day excursion to Waterford Crystal and Dunmore East Fishing Village (All entrance charges included)
- Day excursion to The Vee Gap, Ardmore, Cobh County Cork (All entrance charges included)
- Day excursion to Dublin, Guinness Brewery, Trinity College & The book of Kells (All entrance charges included)
- All guests availing of the tour must arrive and depart from the same airport at the same time for collection and departure or make alternative arrangements for transfer to and from airport
- 25% non refundable group deposit payment required at time of booking
- Outstanding 75% group payment payable 60 days prior to arrival
- Cancellation fee 59-0 days prior to arrival is 50% of total.
- We would always advise guests to take our travel insurance in the unlikely event that they cannot travel.
- A guest is liable for the cost of any damage repairs to the property that he or she has incurred during the duration of his or her stay.
- Lisheen castle does not accept responsibility for the loss or theft of any personal belongings during the duration of your stay.
- Smoking is not permitted in any of the rooms in the castle and is subject to a €200.00 fine per room.
- Utilities such as electricity, heating oil, gas and wi-fi are all included, telephone calls are not included.
To make a booking or just to make a query please get in touch.