Retrace the footsteps of the Irish Emigrants of the 19th Century and Enjoy Beautiful Scenery en-route to the Historic Emigration Port of Queenstown, Cobh
Today we are County Cork bound and after breakfast were heading to the historic maritime town of Cobh (pronounced kohv, Irish:an Cóbh). The Heritage Town of Cobh is located on Great Island, which is in a prominent position at the heart of Cork Harbour. The town has a proud maritime heritage. Cobh was the main embarkation point for the millions of Irish who left these shores in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries in search of a better life in North America. Cobh was the final departure point for the doomed Titanic on its fatal voyage; 123 passengers boarded the ship in Cobh. Cobh is also the final resting place of many of the victims of the Lusitania sinking in 1915. Here we will visit the Cobh Heritage Centre, home of the renowned visitor attraction the “Queenstown Story”, the story of Irish Emigration. Folow the story form the 1600’s when transportation to the British overseas colonies was commonplace, from Virginia and New England to Barbados, Jamacia and Monserrat. This beautiful, informative and sometimes emotive Exhibition is situated within Cobh’s beautifully restored Victorian railway station, a building with its own historic story.
In the afternoon we’ll visit the Titanic Experience which is located in Casement Square in the heart of Cobh Town. Upon check-in you will receive your boarding card. Your boarding card will have the details of one of the 123 passengers who came to the White Star Line Ticket Office on Thursday April 11th 1912. These were the final passengers to join Titanic at her last port of call in Queenstown, Ireland. (Cobh was renamed Queenstown from the period of 1849-1921 in honour of Queen Victoria’s visit to Cobh and so we refer to Cobh as Queenstown for much of our story).
This evening we are dining out, on our return journey from Cork we’ll be stopping in the heritage town of Cashel to the award winning Chez Hans Restaurant, in my opinion one of the best restaurants that Tipperary has to offer, a culinary experience not to be missed.
After an enjoyable day’s sightseeing and a wonderful meal at Chez Hans, tonight we are walking 2 minutes from the restaurant to Brú Ború, a national cultural centre located at the foot of the Rock of Cashel, for a show* not to be missed. The best and most talented of traditional Irish musicians, singers and dancers are selected to form the resident group who perform an Irish cultural show at Brú Ború. You’ll enjoy Irish traditional music and entertainment delivered with verve, colour, panache and style. An enjoyable evening of Irish culture will be had in the shadows of the imposing Rock of Cashel.
* This show is subject to time of year and runs from around 20th June – 18th Aug and supplementary entertainment will be arranged if show is not available.
- The cost of the Lisheen Castle tour is EUR 1,895.00 per person
- The rate includes the rental of the castle for the week and utilities are included.
- There are 6 double en-suite rooms available.
- There are 2 single rooms available.
- There is 1 twin en-suite room available (two single beds).
- Tour is subject to a minimum of 12 persons.
- Luxury group coach transfer to and from Dublin or Shannon Airport.
- 1 weeks rental of Lisheen Castle, County Tipperary, Ireland including all utilities.
- 6 Full Irish Cooked Breakfasts served in the traditional style kitchen.
- 6 traditional evening meals consisting of 4 courses including wine served in the formal dining room.
- 1 Evening dinner meal in the renowned Chez Hans restaurant consisting of 3 courses (excludes wine and drinks).
- Day excursion to Holycross, Cashel & Cahir (All entrance charges included).
- Night excursion to traditional Irish music session.
- Day excursion to Silvermines, Bunratty Castle & Folk Park, Cliffs of Moher (All entrance charges included)
- Day excursion to Kilkenny Castle, Kilkenny design center, Brú Ború (All entrance charges included)
- Day excursion to Waterford Crystal and Dunmore East Fishing Village (All entrance charges included)
- Day excursion to The Vee Gap, Ardmore, Cobh County Cork (All entrance charges included)
- Day excursion to Dublin, Guinness Brewery, Trinity College & The book of Kells (All entrance charges included)
- All guests availing of the tour must arrive and depart from the same airport at the same time for collection and departure or make alternative arrangements for transfer to and from airport
- 25% non refundable group deposit payment required at time of booking
- Outstanding 75% group payment payable 60 days prior to arrival
- Cancellation fee 59-0 days prior to arrival is 50% of total.
- We would always advise guests to take our travel insurance in the unlikely event that they cannot travel.
- A guest is liable for the cost of any damage repairs to the property that he or she has incurred during the duration of his or her stay.
- Lisheen castle does not accept responsibility for the loss or theft of any personal belongings during the duration of your stay.
- Smoking is not permitted in any of the rooms in the castle and is subject to a €200.00 fine per room.
- Utilities such as electricity, heating oil, gas and wi-fi are all included, telephone calls are not included.
To make a booking or just to make a query please get in touch.