The Rock of Cashel and Holycross Abbey
Our last day of touring will be a local day, we won’t be travelling too far, no more than twenty minutes from our base the Horse and Jockey, the reason for this is our experience tells us that people want a local day on their last day of touring because they want time to pack and relaxe before travelling home so today we’ll travel first to Holycross Abbey, a 12th century Cistercian Abbey. Holycross is a very special and sacred place where you can walk in the footsteps of ancient Monks. Experience first-hand, through local guides, the story of Holycross, spanning 10 centuries of a changing social, political and religious landscape, in the very heart of Ireland.
From Holycross we’ll take a short drive south to the historic town of Cashel, which is home to the iconic Rock of Cashel. Here you will have time to lunch and explore this beautiful historic town and all it has to offer including shops, pubs, cafe’s and restaurants before we take an the official tour of the rock. “The rock was long ago the main seat of the High Kings of Ireland and is now one of the most spectacular tourist attractions in Ireland. It’s huge, it’s complex, it’s iconic, there is nothing like it anywhere else in the world and it’s right here in Cashel at the heart of Tipperary. The Rock of Cashel (Carraig Phádraig), more formally St. Patrick’s Rock, it is also known as Cashel of the Kings.
Reputedly the site of the conversion of Aenghus the King of Munster by St. Patrick in the 5th century AD. Long before the Norman invasion The Rock of Cashel was the seat of the High Kings of Munster, although there is little structural evidence of their time here. Most of the buildings on the current site date from the 12th and 13th centuries when the rock was gifted to the Church. The buildings represent both Hiberno-Romanseque and Germanic influences in their architecture.
- The cost of the Lisheen Castle tour is EUR 1,895.00 per person
- The rate includes the rental of the castle for the week and utilities are included.
- There are 6 double en-suite rooms available.
- There are 2 single rooms available.
- There is 1 twin en-suite room available (two single beds).
- Tour is subject to a minimum of 12 persons.
- Luxury group coach transfer to and from Dublin or Shannon Airport.
- 1 weeks rental of Lisheen Castle, County Tipperary, Ireland including all utilities.
- 6 Full Irish Cooked Breakfasts served in the traditional style kitchen.
- 6 traditional evening meals consisting of 4 courses including wine served in the formal dining room.
- 1 Evening dinner meal in the renowned Chez Hans restaurant consisting of 3 courses (excludes wine and drinks).
- Day excursion to Holycross, Cashel & Cahir (All entrance charges included).
- Night excursion to traditional Irish music session.
- Day excursion to Silvermines, Bunratty Castle & Folk Park, Cliffs of Moher (All entrance charges included)
- Day excursion to Kilkenny Castle, Kilkenny design center, Brú Ború (All entrance charges included)
- Day excursion to Waterford Crystal and Dunmore East Fishing Village (All entrance charges included)
- Day excursion to The Vee Gap, Ardmore, Cobh County Cork (All entrance charges included)
- Day excursion to Dublin, Guinness Brewery, Trinity College & The book of Kells (All entrance charges included)
- All guests availing of the tour must arrive and depart from the same airport at the same time for collection and departure or make alternative arrangements for transfer to and from airport
- 25% non refundable group deposit payment required at time of booking
- Outstanding 75% group payment payable 60 days prior to arrival
- Cancellation fee 59-0 days prior to arrival is 50% of total.
- We would always advise guests to take our travel insurance in the unlikely event that they cannot travel.
- A guest is liable for the cost of any damage repairs to the property that he or she has incurred during the duration of his or her stay.
- Lisheen castle does not accept responsibility for the loss or theft of any personal belongings during the duration of your stay.
- Smoking is not permitted in any of the rooms in the castle and is subject to a €200.00 fine per room.
- Utilities such as electricity, heating oil, gas and wi-fi are all included, telephone calls are not included.
To make a booking or just to make a query please get in touch.