Medieval Castles and Mountainous Views
Today we will not rise too early nor venture too far for we are still a little weary from travel, we’ll start the day with a scrumptious Irish breakfast and make our way a short distance into South county Tipperary to the historic heritage town of Cahir, the fist place we’ll visit is the Swiss Cottage. The Swiss cottage is located in a walled park of 800 acres. A delightful “cottage orné” built in the early 1800′s by the 1st Earl of Glengall to a design by the famous Regency architect John Nash. This fully restored National Monument’s interior contains a graceful spiral staircase and elegantly decorated rooms. Originally part of the estate of Lord and Lady Cahir, the “fantasy” cottage was used for entertaining guests.
After the the swiss cottage it’s time for the main event, a tour of the medieval Cahir castle, one of Ireland’s largest and best preserved medieval castles. Cahir Castle was built on a rocky island in the middle of the River Suir and has featured in two major films. “Tristan and Isolde” with Richard Burton and “Excalibur” with Patrick Stewart, Liam Neelson, and Gabriel Byrne. There is a beautiful tree lined river walk that leads from the Swiss Cottage to Cahir castle and we recommend it to anyone who wants to walk it and we’ll take anyone who doesn’t wish to walk around by the road to the castle for a great tour.
After the tour of the castle you’ll have time to explore the town yourselves and have lunch in one of the many cafes, pubs and restaurants before we embark on a spectacular mountainous drive over the Vee gap with panoramic views, stone walls and sheep crossing the road, this is postcard Ireland.
- The cost of the Lisheen Castle tour is EUR 1,895.00 per person
- The rate includes the rental of the castle for the week and utilities are included.
- There are 6 double en-suite rooms available.
- There are 2 single rooms available.
- There is 1 twin en-suite room available (two single beds).
- Tour is subject to a minimum of 12 persons.
- Luxury group coach transfer to and from Dublin or Shannon Airport.
- 1 weeks rental of Lisheen Castle, County Tipperary, Ireland including all utilities.
- 6 Full Irish Cooked Breakfasts served in the traditional style kitchen.
- 6 traditional evening meals consisting of 4 courses including wine served in the formal dining room.
- 1 Evening dinner meal in the renowned Chez Hans restaurant consisting of 3 courses (excludes wine and drinks).
- Day excursion to Holycross, Cashel & Cahir (All entrance charges included).
- Night excursion to traditional Irish music session.
- Day excursion to Silvermines, Bunratty Castle & Folk Park, Cliffs of Moher (All entrance charges included)
- Day excursion to Kilkenny Castle, Kilkenny design center, Brú Ború (All entrance charges included)
- Day excursion to Waterford Crystal and Dunmore East Fishing Village (All entrance charges included)
- Day excursion to The Vee Gap, Ardmore, Cobh County Cork (All entrance charges included)
- Day excursion to Dublin, Guinness Brewery, Trinity College & The book of Kells (All entrance charges included)
- All guests availing of the tour must arrive and depart from the same airport at the same time for collection and departure or make alternative arrangements for transfer to and from airport
- 25% non refundable group deposit payment required at time of booking
- Outstanding 75% group payment payable 60 days prior to arrival
- Cancellation fee 59-0 days prior to arrival is 50% of total.
- We would always advise guests to take our travel insurance in the unlikely event that they cannot travel.
- A guest is liable for the cost of any damage repairs to the property that he or she has incurred during the duration of his or her stay.
- Lisheen castle does not accept responsibility for the loss or theft of any personal belongings during the duration of your stay.
- Smoking is not permitted in any of the rooms in the castle and is subject to a €200.00 fine per room.
- Utilities such as electricity, heating oil, gas and wi-fi are all included, telephone calls are not included.
To make a booking or just to make a query please get in touch.